Sunday, July 31, 2011

Too much to say....

So, we'll do quick versions of my week at home. Photos included.

Friday, I got a ride to the airport from my lovely Tana friend. What a sweetie to get up early in the day just for me! I pulled into Bakersfield on the afternoon airport bus. It was surprisingly cool. A mere 90+ degrees as opposed to the 100+ I was expecting. I had linner (yes, linner) with my parents at John's Burgers. Sadly, I didn't get a photo of our food, but it was delicious.

Saturday, I attended the Wasco Ward pancake breakfast in honor of Pioneer day. Yummy. And it was fun to chat with some of the old ward members, especially Sis. Crane, whom I hadn't seen or talked to in years! Later that day, I was able to visit with Robin and her family. It was so fun to see her girls! They were all so excited to show me some of their cool tricks on their tire swing and some of their fun toys! I also got to spend some time at Myteka's, chatting and catching up. I missed seeing her kids, but was excited to see that she's expecting a new little one in November! Congrats to her and her family! Mom, Dad, and I spent the rest of the day just chillin' at home watching movies.

Sunday, after a lovely morning at church, grandma and grandpa Heywood came by to visit, and we had dinner with David, Britney, Tyler, and Karina. We watched movies and just enjoyed the day together. It was nice to have some down time with my family.

Monday, I did some dusting and vacuuming (Wasco is an extremely dusty town!!!) and Tyler, Karina, Dad, and I enjoyed some Carol's sodas and fries, some Doughnuts To Go, and some Snow Shack snow cones! Yes, all in one afternoon. Really, could you ask for anything better? I think not. Again, it was kind of a lazy day, just spending time together. Later that day, I went down to Bakersfield to have dinner with Lindsey and Ashley at Jake's Tex Mex. Yum. Of course we chatted till they kicked us out (which was really early for a restaurant, but accommodating--they close at 8, and kicked us out at 8:30... haha) After we were kicked out, we spent the rest of the night talking and laughing at Alicia's apartment. Good times, let me tell you.

Tuesday was Six Flags Magic Mountain day! And it was CROWDED, unfortunately. We only rode nine rides. Given that we were in the park for about eight hours, I suppose that isn't too awful, but it was still a let-down for one reason. I wanted to go to ride all of the new rides that have been put up since I was last there eight years ago. We rode all but one. Tatsu. Sad. But we did ride the others, and we had a great time.

We rode X2 first, and it gave me a bruise you wouldn't believe. The left is what the bruise looked like later that day. The right is what it looked like three days later. Even now, as I write this, my leg is all shades of purple and yellow. Isn't it pretty?



We also rode Deja Vu, Scream, Roaring Rapids, Goliath, Viper, Colossus, Revolution, and the Green Lantern. It's completely vertical! The seats flip! So fun!! I took some photos while we waited in line. Davau doesn't think he takes a good picture because he can't naturally smile on command. He has to look at Britney to give a real smile, so sometimes when the photographer snaps a shot, neither of them are looking at the camera, but at each other. Luckily, I got him!

My voice is still recovering from the screaming. Mom and Dad chastised me for not screaming correctly, but where's the fun in that? You sound like your singing, not screaming. Although, we all agreed that it would be funny to pick a chord to "scream" as we went through the tunnel on Revolution. Next time.

Wednesday consisted of a lunch with Grandma and Grandpa, which was lovely, outlet shopping in Tulare with Mom, Britney, and Karina, which was successful, and checking out the boys' and girls' new apartments up in Fresno. They've done a lovely job decorating and getting settled in. I'm sure they're looking forward to this new chapter of their lives. How fun to live in the same building!! Instant friends!


Thursday, Mom, Dad, and I went to the coast, where Mom got some yummy smelling soap and pretty earrings and we all picked out some delicious salt water taffy (chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla peanut butter, and cherry coke) and Hot Lix suckers and Dad ate a chocolate and caramel covered jalapeno. And Mom and I stuck our feet in the Pacific. It was COLD! My toes went a little numb. But so great. The salty air and the sand, the waves and seaweed. Lovely. We hit the farmer's market at San Luis Obispo as well and took home some delicious strawberries, carrots, cheeses, squash, and Dad even bought fresh beets.

Friday was spent all over the place. We started in Fresno at the temple with Grandpa, Grandma, Becky, Michael, Chrystal, and Bryan. It's so nice to be there with family. Mom, Dad, and I went to lunch at a place called Huckleberry's. It was so yummy! I'm not a food critic, so I don't have the words to describe how delightful the food was. After lunch, we went to Old Navy and Mom and Dad bought me a pretty dress and two shirts for my birthday--which is still over a month away, but I'm not complaining! Then we went back to Wasco and rested before we headed into Bakersfield to meet up with David and Britney to watch Cowboys and Aliens. Oh man. It was... it was... well, it was just... amazing.

Saturday morning was spent doing laundry and getting packed. Then we went over to Grandma's for the Heywood family reunion, which for my part consisted of talking and laughing with my cousins, uncles, and aunts--oh, and a quick crochet lesson for Britney. It's so great to be around family, even when all we're doing is talking. 






They had lunch and a little program later, but I missed that since I had to be on the airport bus by one. I sat around the airport for about two hours before my flight, and then Marie picked me up in Salt Lake, and we talked and talked and talked all the way into Provo, and I fell into a lovely sleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.

Pretty much, it was one of the best weeks ever. And though I will miss my family so so much, I'm glad to be back. It's good to have a normal routine, just as much as it's good to have a break from that routine.


P.S. the dogs. Here's Sophie:
She's a sweet dog. Very calm. Runs and hides from Jacko:

I've recently watched Everything is Illuminated and how Alex describes Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is exactly how you can describe Jacko. He chases (and catches) his tail. "He's deranged. But he's so so playful."


Sorry this one was so long!!!

1 comment:

David said...

It was nice having you here for a few days!