Sunday, July 10, 2011

Saturday late morning, early afternoon was spent with cousin and aunts and a new cousin-to-be at a bridal shower. I'm not much for showers, bridal or baby. Not that I don't love the people they're given for, because I do I do I do. I shouldn't even blog about this, mostly because I'm afraid I'll hurt someone's feelings and offend. I don't mean any offense. I just don't like them. The games, the awkwardness... just isn't my thing. But I go and I give gifts and I get thanked and it's all for the best. I really shouldn't complain, because if the day every comes that I'm a bride-to-be, I sure will appreciate showers and gifts and love from the people I love. So I'll shut up now and say that Toni and Ashley threw a really cute shower for Bree, that Bree is a sweet girl and I'm glad she's joining our family, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to see family and spend some time with them. Not gonna lie, it was nice to be able to raid Toni's books as well. I took home four.

Today was lovely, mostly because I spent some time crocheting and reading and sleeping. I also got a text from Marie: "I'll tell you your talents/gifts if you tell me mine." So I texted back that she's friendly, outgoing, observant, charitable, faithful and that those aren't blanket statements; she really is all of these things. She said I'm a "good listener, someone everyone goes to. you are caring and smiley and children love you which is a talent! You are willing to serve and to give when others are in need." I love my sister. I love that she really is observant and friendly and outgoing. I love her for who she is and I'm glad she's that person 100%. I love that she was willing to list some things about me that I don't really see in myself. I hope that I really am these things, and that I can be really good at them. It's so great to be part of a family that's so close and so loving. I feel very blessed.




PS To Britney: you'll see me in a couple of weeks. This excuses the "no photo" thing. Besides that, it's really not much different, just shorter.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Awww gee thanks Sarah! Love you too!