Sunday, August 7, 2011

I have failed at posting the everyday awesomeness in my life this week. So we'll do some generals.

I was assigned to processing verification at work. This made me happy for one reason: I don't have to see students while working on this task. Hallelujah. It's not that I don't like the students. Really, for the most part, it's not so bad. But our students are coming in with the same questions over and over again now, since it's the beginning of the semester, and I get tired of repeating myself. And it makes my voice hurt. So this is a nice break. I'm sure it will be back to the regular redundancy next week, but I enjoyed the task for the last few days.

We *didn't* celebrate Tana's birthday yesterday by going up the canyon and having a campfire in which we *didn't* cook veggie hobo packs or roast marshmallows. And we *didn't* sing songs and have a grand time. Not at all. Or maybe we did in fact do these things, we just *didn't* do them for Tana's birthday. I'm still confused about what did and didn't happen. But I do know that Courtney was there. She's spending the weekend at Jana's.

And I got to have lunch with three of my favorite people. The Doxey family. Really, it was just lunch, though. It was lunch yesterday and today and also dinner later tonight. Yeah. See the following pictures for proof:

My bean and cheese burrito

Doxey's burrito supreme

Ashley's flautas. No, not chimichangas. Flautas.

Food for giants, I swear!! This was some really awesome authentic Mexican food from Maria Bonitas in Orem (on 800 N and University Parkway, across from Maceys). You gotta check it out. The salsa was so yummy!

I dyed my hair yesterday. It's maybe a little bit too dark, but it's a wash-out, so it'll be gone in about a month. No worries. I got some laundry done today and some shopping done yesterday. Much needed. I got a ride home from work twice this week. Once from Marie, who was passing by and thought to pick me up. How sweet is that? And once from Lauren. I don't know if these ladies fully understand how much I appreciate a ride home instead of having to take the bus. You're both awesome. Thank you! I also got a very thoughtful text message from my big little brother David. I just love the people in my life so so much. You're all amazing.

One last thing. Today is my parents' 30th Wedding Anniversary! (See Marie's blog about it.) I love you, Mom and Dad. Happy Anniversary! And I hope you're looking forward to your awesome gift from your loving children.

No comments: