Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I stayed home from work on Monday because I wasn't feeling well (tummy issues... gross). I felt much better by mid-afternoon, so I spent the rest of the day crocheting. I made a bag, which I will put up for auction at the Chinn Family Reunion. The other item I crocheted is a secret, and though I'm sure there aren't any Chinn family members who read this blog, I don't want to let anyone in on the surprise till this weekend and the auction. My sisters and my mother know, but that's it--unless they've told other people, in which case, SHAME ON YOU. I can't wait to see the reaction to this surprise. It's awesome. I'll take photos and post them after the item has been sold. I hope you all love it as much as I do. I'll also post a photo of the bag, which I personally love to pieces and kinda want to keep for myself. Maybe I'll bid on it.

At work today, my lovely Lauren friend gave me a "High Five," which is not a physical slapping of hands. It's a little sheet of paper which tells me that I "Look good," "Got away with it (playing games)," "Showered," "Are employed," "Got out of bed," "Survived (work so far)," and "Drink Dr. Pepper," "Oh Yeah, And: You are still awesome!! I am so glad you help me out with so many different things (esp. @ work)," "Way to go," and "Keep it up." Cute stationary, and a sweet note from my friend. I love Lauren. She keeps me entertained, she lets me bounce ideas and thoughts off of her, she gives me her insight and input, and I'm just so glad she's my friend.


Now I get to go home, relax, and then go snack shopping with my sisters after we eat some Two Jacks pizza. Life is good.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I only told the kids here and I doubt they have spilled the beans.
Have fun and tell all that I love them. Maybe I want you to bid on the bag for me - unless it is too young. Too bad you did not post a photo of it for me!;)
Love ya

David said...

Yes, mom told us. It's awesome. I haven't told anyone else.