Thursday, July 21, 2011

T-minus 13 hours and counting...

Tuesday, I borrowed Jana's car and did some shopping after work. I bought some happy pills (yes, happy pills), and some travel-size stuff for my trip home. When I dropped Jana's car off at her house, she and Tana were watching Shawn of the Dead and it was at my favorite scene (in the backyard with the records... classic). I call that exciting.

Wednesday, I did my laundry and started putting stuff together to be packed up. Again, not super thrilling, but it's making me happy. I also printed my flight itinerary. I'm smiling, in case you can't tell.

Today, I cleaned my apartment (well, I gave it a lick and a promise) and packed. I got everything I need (including my temple bag) in my carry-on suitcase and my B.A.P. (Big-Ass Purse). Yep. No backpack required. Guys, you have no idea how monumental this is. Sarah doesn't pack light. Ever. I'm taking my laptop, portable hard drive, cords, disks, and chargers. I'm taking my flat iron, hair ties, clips, make up, and jewelry. I'm taking five changes of clothes and underwear, two pairs of shoes, and sunglasses. I got all this and more into a carry-on suitcase and my purse. Impressive, no? Sad thing is, I can't take anything home from the Chinn Family Reunion/Auction. Which means no T-shirts, bag, J-O-Y, journal, movie-night-in-a-basket, salsa (though, I don't think that was gonna happen anyway) or tablecloth for my mom, dad, brothers, and sisters. Sorry guys. But Mom, David, and Britney can take them home when come out for Dallin and Bree's wedding, yes?

Another happy for today: I got to see my dear friend Heather Aleman. She came up for the Decemberists concert tonight in Salt Lake (I'm SO bummed I'm missing this right now...stinking packing and cleaning...). She, Tana, Marie, and Jana stopped by UVU this afternoon so I could see her! It was good to give her hugs and talk with her for a bit. It's been years since we've seen each other. I love you, Heather!

Well, all. I'm off in the morning. Tana is kind enough to drive me to the airport. I'll catch my flight into LAX, and then take the bus to Bakersfield where my wonderful parents will pick me up, then we'll go get Britney and head into Wasco where we'll meet up with Davau and I'll be happy--not as happy as I'd be if Tyler and Karina were going to be there, too, but happy enough, I'm sure. Besides, I'll see them soon, too, and I just can't wait!

2 comments:

Jana Heywood said...

Sar-ha, I'm super impressed that you could fit everything into one carry-on and a BAP. Good job!

David said...

Bummer about the movie basket, though.