Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Oh, the humanity!

Things are getting pretty crazy at work. We've had about 20-30 people waiting to speak to a counselor for the last two weeks. Some students were waiting for an hour today. I feel bad for them, but we're moving as fast as we can!

When I finally get home at the end of my work day (which seems to stretch past my regular hours... everyday... I even brought work home with me last night...) I'm so tired and grumpy that I just have to sit and do nothing. Well, I did crochet yesterday, and I read a little today, but mostly I plant myself in front of my computer and watch Mad Men (I'm on the 4th episode of season 3... I didn't think I'd get into it, but now I'm hooked.) It's a relief to just shut my mind off and zone out. I'm usually in bed and actually asleep by 9 o'clock. Talking with students all day, figuring out their accounts, doing calculations for appeals, staring at a computer screen to process paper work (which is different from watching movies/shows on a computer screen) etc etc etc... it really takes it out of me. It's kind of pathetic, but seriously.

This is my excuse for not being as connected to the world as I usually feel. I do a quick check on Facebook a couple of times a day, but I really haven't "communicated" with anyone as I usually do. And I obviously haven't touched the blog in a while. I'm almost a hermit when I'm home, because I just need to rest, my brain is so tired, so I don't go out and visit people (even my sisters who live right around the corner!) It's sad, but it's life... for a little while longer. In a few weeks, this will all be over and it'll be back to... being a hermit. haha Who am I kidding?? :)

Anyway, that's life for me right now. Not sad, not happy, just is. And that's fine.

2 comments:

Britney said...

I found a job for you. You'll never EVER guess where it's at! Anyway, I plan on calling you to discuss all the details. How's that for a cliffhanger (pretty much it's not, because you hate me and don't want to live anywhere near me. But I guess Heavenly Father did give us agency afterall....)?
Also, I love you and I hope your stressful time at work passes so so quickly.

Christy said...

Good to "catch up" on your life even if it is on your blog. Hang in there this will pass - until the next time.
Love ya