Thursday, August 18, 2011

Realization

Riding the bus home today, a thought came into my little mind.

I am happy.

And I'm guessing that my realization makes others of you happy, so I wanted to share.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I'll give you a little bit of enlightenment. I have never been clinically diagnosed, but I struggle with depression and anxiety. It's something I've battled for a long, long time. I can look back now and guess that it started when I was in middle school.

Thanks to my family and some very good and close friends (people who may not realize how much of a help and support they've been, but who I absolutely lean on sometimes and am grateful for always), I've been able to cope. Without going into a whole lot of details about what I'm doing to fight it--and I'm doing quite a bit now, though I started out slow and taking only baby steps--I wanted to share this realization.

I really am happy. Not always, but mostly. And that's a really great feeling.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Yay! I am so happy that your're happy!

Christy said...

This brings a happy tear to my eye - I'm proud of you for working so hard on this and I know it is hard work.
XOXOXOX

Jana Heywood said...

Yay! I love you so much!!