Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Last week at the Parlor, we were privileged to hear from Archie Crisanto and Casanova Frankenstein.






Great music, good times.

Besides hearing some great tunes and even having two--count 'em, two--songs dedicated to me (thanks, Andy), I was able to witness the following:

Customer: Who do we talk to about playing?
Employee (yelling over the music): You want to play here?
Customer (louder): Yeah! Who do we talk to?
Employee: Wait. Let me get the owner.
Employee walks to the kitchen, yells: MARIE! This guy wants to play here. He wants to talk to you.
Marie walks to the counter, asks: How can I help you?
Customer: My band and I, we'd like to play here.
Marie: Oh! OK. Here, write down your name and phone number and email address. I'll get a hold of you.

Grinning from ear to ear and looking like an idiot, I'm sure, I sat and watched this whole exchange with pride in my heart. My little sister owns her own pizza place and has bands asking to play live in her store. How freakin' awesome is that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is awesome! Love the dialogue!