Monday, October 11, 2010

I have come to the realization that I really am getting older. Not that I didn't realize it before, really. More like I'm coming to terms with aging, I guess. OK, so I'm only 28. That's not old, I know. But, here are a few things I can't do anymore:
  • Be on my feet all night. It's been YEARS since I worked at what was Pier 49 on Center Street in Provo. Now it's my sister's pizza place, the Parlor, and I'm working three nights a week. By the time I finally crawl home, my feet, ankles, and shins feel like they're on fire and are swollen to about five times their normal size.
  • Function on less than six hours of sleep. Six is my minimum. Seven is good. Eight is best. Nine is awesome. And after getting only six hours of sleep for about a week straight, and working more than I was used to, I totally crapped out last weekend. I skipped my regular job on Friday just to catch up on sleep. How lame is that?
  • Go without make-up (and eye-gel to reduce puffiness) after not getting enough sleep. Oh my, not a good idea. I look... well, how I feel: totally haggard! And a little bit scary, let's be honest.
OK. So these all fit together, and maybe they have less to do with age and more to do with being on my feet more after years of desk jobs and working more hours than I ever have before. I'm so tired when I get home, I just watch a little TV or a few minutes of a movie before I slink off to bed. I feel so lazy. I have SO much crochet work to get done, some pages to edit for my friend, reading I want to do... and I'm just too tired!

Any suggestions?


PS I'm job hunting for something full-time with benefits in an office (administration, secretarial, clerical, etc). Any leads would be nice.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Iron?
XOXOXO
Mom
PS
Wait til you are 53!

pandaswat.sarah said...

Oh, Mom. haha Hmmm.... maybe iron. I should check into that.