Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Something's Missing

I know I can't be the only one to have a horrible day without being able to pin-point exactly why it was so horrible. So, I'll list the things that were good about today:

  • Anne was kind enough to give me a ride to work. How blessed are those extra 40 minutes of sleep?!
  • I saw Amilia before work and got to chat with her for a few minutes.
  • I had lunch with Julia, and we were able to talk about a ton of things, which was super nice. She let me vent.
  • Everyone at work at one point or another made me smile, giggle, or flat-out laugh.
  • I was thanked for the wonderful information I gave to a handful of students. "You have been very helpful. Thank you." Why, you're very welcome, random students. And I listened to a student vent for about thirty minutes this afternoon. She just kept talking and talking and talking. I had a feeling she just needed someone to listen, so I listened. Good deed for the day? Done.
  • I was able to read a few Conference talks at work, and I did my scripture studying on the bus. Killing two birds with one stone? Check.
  • I got a message from Lindsey on Facebook and was able to send her a message back.
  • Jana's playing at Muse tonight. Marie and I are going to support and cheer her on.

See. It wasn't a bad day. There were great things about today. But for some reason it wasn't a great day. Perspective helps to blur the edges on the horrible feelings I had today, though it doesn't make those horrible feelings go away. I won't point out what things are missing on my list of "goods" today. I know what they are. And I'll just have to change my attitude.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you found the good in your day and that I was a part of it. I love to see my Sarah! I need to look for the good in my days more often. Thanks for reminding me! Love ya Sarah!