Thursday, October 21, 2010

Don't judge me

Oh, Hanson. How I love you.

My wonderful Julia friend went to see Hanson with me a few weeks ago at the Depot in Salt Lake City. I warned her that she was about to see a very giddy Sarah, a Sarah very reminiscent of the 16-year-old Sarah who had posters taped to her bedroom walls.

Say what you'd like about Hanson. I firmly believe that if you're inclined to think they're still the MMMBop Boys, it just means you haven't heard anything they've done recently. (Yes, they're still recording!)




These recordings aren't very good, sadly. But check 'em out.

I Will Come to You (from their first album, Middle of Nowhere)

Georgia (from their fourth album, The Walk)

Strong Enough to Break (from their third album, Underneath)

And if you wanna know what they're newest stuff sounds like, check out this video:

Thinking 'Bout Somethin' (from their fifth album, Shout It Out)
Yes, that's Weird Al. Yes, it's a spoof (or tribute) to the scene with Ray Charles from the Blues Brothers. You may catch these lyrics: "Well if you're not too proud to beg/ I could give you some respect." Again, a tribute to great R&B.

Or you can keep thinking I'm silly. I don't mind. I love Hanson.

No comments: