Monday, April 6, 2009

What a Wonderful Weekend


This weekend was wonderful. Not only did I dye my hair (just a wash-out, 28-day hair color), and finish crocheting a blanket, but General Conference was this weekend! I love Conference. I love listening to the leaders of our Church, God's messengers, the living prophets. I love the teachings received, the lessons learned, the chastisement deserved, and the comfort and peace gained. There were some wonderful things said that I needed to hear.

Doubt not. I've been having issues with this. Not that I don't believe the Gospel is real or true. I firmly believe that the Atonement is sure, that Repentance is real, that the Scriptures are true. Sometimes I forget that I believe it, though, and that's when doubt steps in, because of my pride. I have to remember that I believe it all, remember that I have a testimony, remember that I know.

And I am never alone. I loved Elder Holland's talk. His testimony of the Savior is beautiful, and it has strengthened my own. I am never alone. I always have the Spirit with me, if I live to be worthy of it. I always have Heavenly Father on my side, even when I mess up. He loves me, He wants me. How wonderful to know that I have a Father in Heaven who will always love me, no matter what.


I'm so thankful for my family. I had the opportunity to spend most of the weekend with my sisters. I love them so much. Heather and Jana came over Friday. Jana needed to do homework on my computer, so Heather and I (along with my Kami roommate) went to Zupas for dinner. I LOVE Zupas! Such yummy soups... I'm hungry for a bowl of their chicken enchilada soup now. Kami, Heather, and I went back to my apartment, and Jana and Ann (another roommate) joined us in watching "Twilight." Man, I love and hate that movie. It's so wonderfully great and awful. On Saturday, between sessions, after I colored my hair, Jana and I headed to Heather's house to watch the rest of Conference with her family, and Marie was already there. Marie even made pizza for dinner (yum) and we just hung out. I love spending time at the Rasmussesn's. It's so nice for us to be together. We got to talk to Mom and Dad Sunday evening, too. And Jana made biscuits and gravy for dinner. It was a really great weekend. The only thing that would have made it better is if Mom and Dad, David and Tyler were with us.


If you're at all curious about the weekend before last and my fun time at Color Fest, check out the pictures on my Facebook account. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=2250647&id=17828612 Good times!

1 comment:

Dox and Ash said...

I loved Elder Holland's talk too. It might have been my favorite. But then again, it's hard to choose a favorite.