Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wa-wa. Selt-Pity Sucks.

My goodness, I'm sounding like a big, fat cry-baby lately. Now that it's out of my system, I humbly apologize to anyone who came in contact with my self-pity.


Anyone on Facebook, please go read my new Event and respond. It's a time-crunch thing, so hurry.


Apparently my dad was on death's bed. Who knew? I mean, I knew it was bad, but in talking to him last night, I found it was a lot worse than Mom let on, which is completely typical of my mother. OK, so maybe he wasn't on death's bed, but it was pretty bad, and, like, a leaning on death's bed, basically. Like, the sheets were turned down. But, as was previously stated, he's fine now and went back to work today. It's kinda funny, though. The rumors were spread all over the county, it seems, ranging from his blood was thick as molasses to his heart was giving out.


You know those songs that are just really, really great, and when you hear them you just feel it? Elton John's "Yellow Brick Road," INXS's "Never Tear Us Apart," Tears for Fears's "Everybody (Wants to Rule the World," Damien Rice's "Cannonball," Ray LaMontagne's "Forever Friend," and Sting's "Englishman in New York" (to name a few) do it to me every time. I don't know why. I just absolutely love these songs.


What's a good study snack? I like pretzels, personally, but I have to pair them with a Dr. Pepper. The combo is great, but not the healthiest. Speaking of funny-sounding words (go back two posts for a Gertrude Stein reference), SNACK!

No comments: