Thursday, December 16, 2010

Homemade Christmas


(This photo really has nothing to do with the post. I just wanted to show off my family's gingerbread houses: the Three Little Pigs, complete with the Big Bad Wolf.)

I'm super excited for Christmas morning. I haven't been this excited about the gift part of Christmas in a long, long time.

"Why, Sarah, are you so excited?" you might ask. I'll tell you: we (my siblings and I) decided to go homemade this year. We allowed $10 for supplies, but the gift itself has to be homemade.

I can't wait to see how creative we all are. I know what some of these gifts are going to be, and I can't wait to see how the receiver reacts. I was talking to Uncle Matt the other day, and he suggested we have a camera recording the gift unwrapping, since it's sure to be classic. I think we'll have to set up a tripod.

The only downside to all of this is that Heather and Travis and the kids won't be there (and this makes me oh so sad). For this reason alone, we'll definitely have a camera recording our reactions. I can only encourage the Rasmussen's to do the same!

The idea was so great to me, I decided to do homemade friend gifts, too. They're getting my delicious pumpkin cookies (with the recipe, cuz these cookies are so delicious, everyone will want to bake them) and a crocheted something (scarf, hat, ornament...I haven't for sure decided yet).

Best part: the money I saved by going homemade for family and friends was donated to a family my nephew personally knows who is in real need. I'm so super happy and excited about this Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love love love your excitement about all things. Sarah you are awesomeness in a small little package with really pretty long hair. I want to see the recording of the Heywood's Christmas spectacular. Please oh please. I can only guess that there will be a lot of giggling. I wonder which laugh(s) Sarah will laugh. I am excited for the pumpkin cookies. I love your cookies. Mmmm. You are the crocheting queen this year. Have a great holiday friend. Loves and loves from me to you and the Heywood gang.