Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy

I'm so grateful for Sundays and for my sisters. I had a bit of a whirlwind kind of week, and by Sunday I was completely wiped out! Not that it was a bad week. On the contrary, it was a very, very good week! Just very, very busy: meeting new people, spending time with friends, dancing, playing games, visiting teaching, going to the temple, working, seeing family, celebrating marriages, etc. BUT it was nice to go to church, come back home and rest, and then head over to Marie's apartment to listen to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional while making delicious cookies and eating chips and salsa, and then to spend the rest of the evening watching some family Christmas classics: "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," "A Charlie Brown Christmas," and "The Muppet Christmas Carol." Seriously one of the best nights in a long time. And I've had these things running through my head ever since:

"You're a foul one, Mister Grinch,
"You're a nasty wasty skunk,
"Your heart is full of unwashed socks, your soul is full of gunk, Mister Grinch,
"The three words that describe you are as follows, and I quote, 'Stink, Stank, Stunk!'"

"For behold! I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord."
(Every time I read this passage in Luke 2, I hear Linus's voice!)

"'Tis the season to be jolly and joyous
"With a burst of pleasure we feel it arrive
"'Tis the season when the saints can employ us
"To spread the news about peace and to keep love alive!"

I hope you're all getting in the Spirit of the Season as well! Do something fun, give some service, spend time with family and friends, and sing along to the carols!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

We have watched these recently too along with Harvey (maybe my favorite movie), The Bishop's Wife, Elf Patrick Stewarts version of A Chirstmas Carole. Still need to watch Holiday Inn and White Christmas. I'm glad you girls have each other!