Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Morning

It's 8am on Thanksgiving Day. I woke up on Marie's tiny couch to the sound of the shower running. My turn next. I get a phone call from Jana. "I'm looking at tickets at Jordan Landing. We can reserve seats to 'Harry Potter' for 5:35. Does that work?" I notice while talking with Jana that my voice is scratchy and worry I'm getting a cold, but then remember Marie and I were laughing pretty hard last night before falling asleep. Remembering why we were laughing makes me smile and shake my head. I pull out my computer and start goofing around on Facebook. Check my email. Read a blog or two. My head and back are achey. (This is what happens when you don't get enough sleep and/or when you sleep on a love seat.) I read a few "thankful" status updates and posts, and think of the day ahead of me.

I get to spend some time with my parents (who have come from California), sisters, brother-in-law and niece and nephews before heading over to the grandparent's house to be with aunts and uncles and cousins as well. We'll eat way too much food, because way too much as been prepared. We'll talk and laugh and have a good ol' time. We'll clean and put the leftovers away--save them for tomorrow when we'll get together again to build gingerbread houses. My sisters and I, and probably some other family members, will go see 'Harry Potter.' We'll completely enjoy the movie (I know this, because I've already seen it) and then go back to Grandma's for pie, which we'll also completely enjoy. We'll spend most of the day talking over each other and laughing. Possibly an occasional and very short disagreement, but no real fighting or angry words. We like being together.

I'm so thankful that we love each other and like spending time together. Today is gonna be a great day. I only wish my brothers and their girls were here. Oh, and that we had some doughnuts from Doughnuts to Go.

No comments: