Friday, January 30, 2009

Recap

So, the week is ending better than it began. That's good, right? I got in a few extra hours at work (this week and last), which after taking two full weeks off at Christmas is a blessing. I got caught up and a couple of chapters ahead in the Grapes of Wrath and I just got caught up in Song of Solomon. I'm even doing the journal work for my Steinbeck class. I was in the middle of it when Mom called. I'm so glad she did. I was thinking about her today. She always seems to know right when to call. I should do the same thing, just call when I'm thinking about her. But she's such a busy woman, I don't want to interrupt her groove. But, like the call just now, we don't have to have a long conversation in order for it to be worth-while. I'm starting to realize that. And to realize that if I'm thinking of someone, I can call, and if that person is busy, they'll tell me and that's OK. I love my Momma. I should call her more often.

I took a Spanish test on Wednesday that I'm pretty sure I didn't do very well on. I don't think I failed (I hope not, anyway) but I don't think I got a very good grade, either. I guess we'll see next week. This semester of Spanish is really gonna be HARD! But if I make it with a "C" I'll pass, and that's all I need!

I hate that school and work are the center of my life. I need to fix that. But how am I supposed to get an education without focusing on school? I need to have a social life, but I need to get my degree. Conundrum.

K, that's all, for now.

No comments: