Monday, January 26, 2009

Bored.

Mostly for the sake of a new post and also because I don't want to be reading my text book, I've decided it's time to write.

Before I launch, Grandpa is doing really well! Thanks to those who've sent up prayers in his behalf and my family's. We're all doing great and we're happy to have Grandpa on the mend.

School sucks. I really don't want to go. Every morning I have to talk myself into getting out of bed and starting the day. I know that if I just get started, get myself ready and off to work, I'll make it to the end and everything will be OK. But today, I had to talk myself into going to every class. I hate having to talk myself into things I know I need and that are good for me, like school and work. I hate having to go, though, too. It's all very frustrating.

I really like cookies. I have a few of those off-brand Nilla Wafers. They're good.

I'm getting an iPod, finally. I can't wait to load it. I'll probably waste a lot of time playing with it this week.

I just got two movies and a book in the mail. I love Amazon. I now own Dear Frankie and Sweet Land, plus River Secrets by Shannon Hale. I really wish I had time to read that novel right now, but it'll have to wait. I have an amazingly long line of books I really want to read. I may not get to them until after graduation, sadly. The next few semesters are going to be devoted to reading required material. Hopefully it will all be interesting. So far, so good. I just finished Americana by Don Dilillo and I'm currently in the Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck and Song of Solomon by Morrison. All depressing, but very interesting.

Love Life and Learning. This was the lesson in Relief Society the first week of January. It was a great lesson, and I was really feeling the message through the Spirit. Today, I'm not really loving life or learning. Not good. Maybe I need a refresher course on loving life and learning.

Marie might move to St. Louis. That kinda freaks me out. But what an amazing opportunity for her. She also may be staying in Salt Lake to work for the Children's Museum. That would also be a great opportunity to build her resume and gain some more business experience.

I had lost count of how many cousins and cousin's kids there were in my family, the Heywood's and the Chinn's. All of them, including my family and my aunts and uncles and grandparents...there's 98 of us. With two on the way, and a ton more to come. Can you imagine your entire extended family? Ancestors and posterity? This is just the family right here, right now. Not my grandparent's brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins. Not even my parent's aunts, uncles, and cousins. Just mine. 98, soon to be 100. And I'm on the older-side. Lots and lots of cousins younger than me and four siblings unmarried, five including myself. Imagine how much bigger we're going to get. It's nuts.

OK, I think I've ranted and gabbered enough. I am going to read now. And probably fall asleep doing it.

2 comments:

ROAST said...

Glad your grandpa is doing well. That's cool about Marie and St. Louis. What job? I love St. Louis and totally think she should go for it.

pandaswat.sarah said...

It's Teach for America, but she's decided not to do it. It really would have been awesome for her, but the program wasn't what she thought it was and she's become a little disenchanted with it. She's staying in SLC. I'm sad and happy for her. Sad that she's not going, but happy she's staying! It's a weird feeling.