Thursday, May 22, 2008

You call him Dr. Jones!

This movie is seriously awesome. It brought me back to when I was little, watching the trilogy, though I can't really remember a "first time." It was just those same old excited feelings, the "edge of your seat" stuff, and the cheesy lines that would sound extremely ridiculous coming from anyone else, but when Dr. Jones says 'em, it's totally believable. Just like anyone else running from machine guns would be blown away in no time, but Indy always escapes...and you buy it! And the sound effects...oh, my goodness, the sound effects were AWESOME!!

If you enjoy the Indiana Jones movies, you're gonna enjoy the new one.

3 comments:

Caitlinp said...

Here, here! We saw it last night and --aside from the Tarzan and the monkeys scene--we loved it. Isn't it weird how Harrison Ford is still attractive?

The Ashlee said...

You are the first one that i have heard say that they like it. I have not seen it and probably wont see it, but the boys said it was dumb as did some church buddies. You really liked it?

pandaswat.sarah said...

Yeah, I really liked it. I grew up watching Indiana Jones...I was afraid this one was going to break with tradition, be more high-tech and "sophisticated" but it wasn't! It was the same ol' Indiana Jones, with the same acting, dialog, sound effects, music, and screenplay. The alien were a little weird, and like Caitlin said, the Tarzan thing was silly, but over-all it was awesome! Exactly what an Indiana Jones movie should be. That's probably why your brothers didn't like it. Too "old school" for them, I'll bet.