Friday, May 2, 2008

TGIF

I am so exhausted. I really just want to sleep all weekend, but that's not gonna happen. I went to bed way too late Wednesday night, so was tired all day Thursday. And then I went to bed too late last night...so now I'm just exhausted. It was all for the sake of getting a Birthday package ready for David, including Flamin' Hot Cheetos (with Limon), Sour-Patch Kids, beef jerky, and Ramen noodles, plus--and this is what took so long--a CD of MoTab, but songs he isn't expecting like "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" and "Oh! Suzanna" and "Deep River." Hopefully he'll enjoy it.

Jana and I watched "One Flew Over the Coo-Coo's Nest" last night. Wow. It was really strange, but I liked it. The Chief is my favorite character. He's awesome. I also watched "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." I really like that movie. I'm looking forward to "the Half-Blood Prince," even though we all know what's gonna happen...

I'm reading a book called "the Revenge of the Shadow King" by Derek Benz & J.S. Lewis, the first book in the Grey Griffin's series. Talk about a rip-off. Then again, maybe I was too jaded going into it to really enjoy the story. Although, the writing isn't all that great and the story is a bit jumbled. I'm still trying to understand where it's going... So, why am I reading it? Well, my nephew Hunter is really excited about these books. He says he likes them better than Harry Potter because they aren't as long or as hard to read. (He is, after all, only 10 years old) Anyway, he practically begged me to read them, as excited as he is about them, so I gave in. I mean, he's great he's reading at all, right? So, I'm humoring him. I just hope I don't get roped into reading all of them... He can just tell me what happens, right?

I'm going to go see Penelope tomorrow with my sisters and niece, kind of a girls night out. I'm really excited. I've heard good things about this movie, which looks really cute--and stars James McAvoy, so it can't be bad, right? Plus, I get to hang out with my girls.

This has somehow turned into a letter. I guess that's just my writing style. That, or it's all stream-of-consciousness, like writing in a journal. Oh well, at least I'm writing, right?

No comments: