Friday, May 16, 2008

Prince Caspian is....pretty good looking....

So, Jana and I did the insane thing and went to a midnight showing of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Wow....






Having just re-read the book for "The Naked Soul," I was a little disappointed in the way the story was told in this movie. The plot was the same, the characters were the same (though their behavior was a bit altered), but the storyline was jumbled and out of order...and added upon.

Having said all that, I absolutely loved it. I admit, I did cringe a little when the story shifted, but it all came together like it was supposed to in the end. I don't wanna give stuff away in case anyone actually reads this who hasn't read the book or seen the movie, but let me just say that I loved Edmund. He's great. He doesn't have a lot to say, really, but what he does and what he says, it's all a redemption from his bad ways in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.


I was also enthralled with Caspian, aka Ben Barnes. The character is valiant, and the actor is, well, good looking. Hello...

OK, that's enough about that. Go see. You'll love it. And now you're warned!

2 comments:

Caitlinp said...

We just watched it last night. We both liked it pretty well. I have to say that I think all three boys are pretty good looking. Little Edmund is growing up so fast :). I didn't like the battles so much, but I guess that's the difference between film and book. The violence seems so much more real when it's flashing in front of you twenty feet high. Anyway, I applaud you for going to the midnight showing. Mikey would have gone if I wasn't so tired and lame. I heard they're starting filming for Voyage of the Dawn Treader in October/November. I'm so excited!

Kathryn said...

Have you seen "Stardust"? He is in that too, briefly. Though I think Charlie Cox is better looking in that one!