Saturday, March 12, 2011

90's Music is Cool

Jana made a new CD mix called "Belt it Out" or something along those lines... Basically it's a mix of songs you can't help but sing along to at the top of your lungs. It was fun to listen (and sing) to this mix on our grocery shopping trip/car cleaning outing today.

It inspired me to make a mix of the songs I loved in high school. Yeah. The rough part was picking just one song by the artists/bands I loved in the days of my youth. Here's a taste:

  • "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette
  • "The New Pollution" by Beck
  • "Brick" by Ben Folds Five
  • "All The Small Things" by Blink 182
  • "Oops! I Did It Again" by Britney Spears
  • "Lovefool" by The Cardigans
  • "Tub Thumping" by Chumbawamba
  • "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child
  • "Save Tonight" by Eagle Eye Cherry
  • "Inside Out" by Eve 6
  • "The Way" by Fastball
  • "The Rockafeller Skank" by Fatboy Slim
  • "Killing Me Softly" by The Fugees
  • "Slide" by Goo Goo Dolls
  • "If Only" by Hanson
  • "Pardon Me" by Incubus
  • "Virtual Insanity" by Jamiroquai
  • "You Were Meant For Me" by Jewel
  • "Nookie" by Limp Bizkit
  • "Ray Of Light" by Madonna
  • "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia
  • "Sunday Morning" by No Doubt
  • "Hypnotize" by Notorious BIG
  • "Pretty Fly" by Offspring
  • "Blurry" by Puddle of Mudd
  • "Livin' La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin
  • "I Want You" by Savage Garden
  • "Walking on the Sun" by Smash Mouth
  • "Say You'll Be There" by Spice Girls
  • "Fly " by Sugar Ray
  • "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind
  • "No Scrubs" by TLC
  • "One Headlight" by The Wallflowers
  • "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" by Will Smith
  • "All Mixed Up" by 311
I limited myself to picking songs that were released during the years I was in high school (1996-2000). Believe it or not, this really is just a taste. My list is almost 8 hours long. I'm pretty excited about this. Some of these songs I haven't listened to in years, some of them are still favorites I listen to over and over again. Music makes me happy.

1 comment:

Britney said...

Haha. Heck yes! David and I totally made a 90s mix of our own last summer right before our trip out to Utah. It was perfect because we sang along to it during our entire drive there and back (Mariah Carrey and all).

:)

I love you, Sarah! I can't wait to see you next month!