Thursday, January 20, 2011

Time for a new post...

But what should I post? hmm...

Well, first I suppose I should say that my side-business, crochet, is doing pretty well, thanks to a co-worker. She ordered four blankets before Christmas and has ordered three more since. (Don't worry, Aunt Becky. Yours will be done soon, I promise!) Happily, I've also completed my first crocheted bikini. It was a hit, of course, and will be repeated many, many times, I am sure. (Becca's next! And Kelsie's will get to her...late, but better late than never!)

Second, I'm happy to say that I'm helping my Julia friend. She's written a book and I'm currently editing. Yay for using the skills I learned in college!

Third, oh, how I wish I was doing both of these things as my only jobs. I mean, really. I love to read and don't mind editing. And we all know how much of my spare time is spent crocheting. I'd love to turn these hobbies into a way to make a living, but alas! They don't pay enough to scrape by as I build up clientele. Sad. Oh, so sad.

Fourth, believe it or not, I'm contemplating moving out of Utah, seriously considering going home to California. Not 100% sure that's where I'll be, but I'm planning on the move by the end of the year. I could very possibly change my mind and stay, but at this particular moment in time, I can't wait to get out of here. Thanks to Rachel's suggestions, I'm now also considering Rhode Island. Believe it or not. Couldn't you see me in Providence? The thought makes me smile.

Fifth, I love rice and beans. But I don't think I could live on them forever, so it's a good thing I have a job to pay for the things I need and the things I want. I don't HAVE to eat rice a beans. I have a choice. And that's lovely.

The end.

2 comments:

Kimberly Grafton said...

Menifee, California is a lovely little town that also comes with lovely little (or not so little...) me. Just a thought...

pandaswat.sarah said...

I wish blogs had a "like" button. I like it, Kim. :)