Thursday, August 12, 2010

When You're Tired and You Can't Sleep...

I felt pretty ungrateful the other day.

I was feeling really sorry for myself because I couldn't afford to buy tickets to see Sufjan Stevens. I heaved heavy sighs and everything. And then I realized that Vampire Weekend will be here on the 2nd and I can't afford that show either. Again, I threw a pity party and invited no one.

I decided to put things in perspective:

I have a roof over my head.
I have food to eat.
I have decent clothes to cover my nakedness.
I have family and friends ready and willing to help me move.
I have more books than I need.
I have more movies than I can watch in a month. (Maybe I should calculate that. It'd be interesting to know if it's true.)
I have a computer way fancier than I need. Heck, I have a computer, which isn't a "need" at all.
I have a cell phone to keep in touch with the people I love.
I have two legs to walk me to and from bus stops, and public transportation to get me where I need to go.
I have a freakin' iPod, for crying out loud. I can listen to Sufjan Stevens and Vampire Weekend all the time if I so choose.

What in the world am I complaining about? All of my needs are met and most of my wants satisfied. Count your blessings, Sarah. Count 'em.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

also, you are entrepreneuring (however that is spelled) your own crochet creations. Don't forget your talents that bring you blessings too, sar?!?! You are a good example to me.