Monday, August 2, 2010

Tyler at Jerry's

My little brother is pretty freakin' amazing.

Tyler played a gig at a local pizza place called Jerry's Pizza (in Bakersfield, CA) on Saturday. I was thrilled to go listen. I haven't ever seen him play a live show, so this was a first for me. Tyler hasn't played a solo show ever and he hasn't played a show since his band disbanded about two years ago, so it was a new experience for him too. Here are some videos of the songs he played. It was a short set, but SO great! I'm very proud of my brother. He's a really good guitarist, vocalist, lyricists... musician, and he only gets better with time. Go Ty!

At Least Today (an original), Pardon Me (Incubus cover), Rocket Man (cover of Jason Mraz's cover of Elton John), Satellite (Dave Matthews Band cover), An Overcast Night (an original), I Remember (Damien Rice cover), The Threat (an original)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Ty!!! I told Marie last night that it is a shame there's no hope of me marrying into the Heywood family since everyone's taken. Damn. Tyler is so sweetly talented.

David said...

Yeah, he's pretty impressive. But you haven't heard anything til you've heard his awkward falsetto shift while singing "Kissed by a Rose".