Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Love and Babies

I'm sure you're all sick of hearing me say it, but I'm going to anyway: I want a baby.

Have you seen Baby Mama? OK, it may not be the best example, but that whole opening sequence with Tina Fey seeing babies everywhere... that's how I feel! They're everywhere! Everyone is having babies except me.

Of course, I want to get married first. And so as well as seeing babies everywhere, I'm seeing new romances blooming, new engagements happening, new married couples. And I keep thinking, "Why not me?"

I suppose it's just not time for me to be married or a mom. It's heartbreaking, really. It's hard to stay positive and faithful about my future in this area when I'm feeling older and less attractive everyday. I feel like this may never happen for me, and it's just so depressing.

I know, it's totally lame. I'm having a pity party and no one's invited but me. I just need to let it out. Why not blog it? Hmph.

3 comments:

Natalie Percival said...

I have had this exact feeling as well. At one point I was ready to just be a single mom and skip the husband-finding part. I hope you find this becomes a catalyst for something positive. I wish I have spent less of my life going insane instead of moving in a positive direction when my pity parties began... thanks for writing what I have felt!

Andy said...

If you're asking me to impregnate you...I'll consider it.

THINK OF HOW AWESOME OUR BABY'S TASTE IN MUSIC WOULD BE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...even so, I know how you feel. I've got the pangs of fatherhood leaping out of my soul like a damn alarm clock. Not joking.

Britney said...

Guess what. No babies for me! And frankly, I'm happy in my firm belief that we will be having babies at the same time. They're going to be best cousins. :)