Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What the Freak?! Breaking Dawn Spoiler alert! Don't read this unless you've read the book...or you don't care.

Bella's a little skank...at least she's married to the man she's skanking on.

Edward's freaked cuz he's fathered a baby that's killing his wife?!

Edward fathered a killer baby!!

Jacob takes on his role as the Alpha male. Gosh, didn't see that one coming.

Bella named her baby Renesmee?!

Jacob imprinted on Renesmee?! OK, I REALLY didn't see that one coming.

Bella FINALLY got bitten! Thank goodness.

Renesmee gets nicknamed Nessie. Thank goodness.

Nessie isn't a killer baby after all!

And they all lived happily ever after...

So, my question is, do they keep up the charade in Forks? How long can they stay without being discovered? Do they wait until Nessie is "fully grown" before moving on? And do they start in high school again? And do Bella and Edward do high school with their daughter? When they have to move, does Jacob go with them? If he does, what about his calling to watch over La Push--being the alpha male and all? And if he stays in La Push, what about Renesmee? And when she grows up, how does that love switch from being guardian/caretaker love to love-of-my-life love? And when it does change to that romantic love, how do Bella and Edward deal? And do Jacob and Nessie have babies? What ARE they, if they do? Half Indian-Shapeshifter, a quarter human, a quarter vampire. So, then what kind of characteristics do they take on? They'd be MOSTLY human, so do they eat human food only, or does the vampire thirst dominate? And because they'll most likely be raised around their vampire family, and this shapeshifting thing is active when vampires are present, do they all become shapeshifters?

These are only a few of my questions. I also wanna know why Marcus is always so bored. And what happens with Garrett and Kate? And does Jasper ever fully accept his new way of life? Does Rosalie ever fully accept Bella? Does Nessie call her parents by their first names, like Bella and Edward call/refer to their parents by their first names, or does she call/refer to them by Mom and Dad? And what about Carlisle and Esme? Are they grandpa and grandma? And the rest, are they aunts and uncles?

See, my curiosity is out of control. I need these things answered. I like that at the end of Harry Potter, JK Rowling told us what happened to and with the characters we were most curious about, like that Ginny was a pro Quidditch player for a while before having babies, and Ron works with George in the joke shop, etc. These are the kinds of things I want answered from Stephenie Meyer.

5 comments:

Travis and Celena said...

I didn't read the book, but I wasn't very impressed witht the third book and I was waiting to see what happened with the fourth. Thanks for the review. I will really think hard and long before I pick up the book and lose hours that I will never get back.

Kimberly Grafton said...

Easy tiger. Okay, I'm pretty sure I have answers, or at least my opinions in response, to some of your questions. I think they keep to themselves for a little while, so that Bella and Edward can stay near Charlie for a little while. Then, when Nessie is old enough, they all move on and start in high school again. Jacob would be able to go with them, since there are 2 alphas, so Sam would be able to keep things in La Push under control. As far as names and titles go, I don't really think it matters all that much, seeing as they're not exactly the most traditional family.
Imprinting - that part I understand. Its like when a guy and a girl and best friends, and just best friends, and then all of a sudden they realize that they are in love. It seems to me that the switch from guardian/caretaker/friend to romance will be something along those lines. And I don't know how Bella and Edward will take it, but they've got like 7ish years to get used to the idea, and they shouldn't really be judgemental since at one point they were a human and a vampire in love. I don't think Nessie will be able to have kids though... I think that because she is part vampire, that changes that ability.
Lol. I love all of your questions though. If it were me, I would have given her the freaky name as a middle name and Carlie as a first name. Poor girl. What was Bella thinking? And Bella's not a skank... that's how all newlyweds are ;)

pandaswat.sarah said...

haha. I like all of your answers, Kim. I was feeling along the same lines as you, but I'd like to KNOW, you know? I'd like to think that because she's half human and she's growing, her body is capable of change, Nessie will be able to have babies. Maybe that's just my wishful thinking, though.
And I know that's how newlywed's are, and I had to keep reminding myself "they're married...they're married," but really, do I have to read about it?! haha
It's true that Bella and Edward have some time to adjust to the idea, but I still think it would freak 'em out. I mean, think about it. Jacob was in love with Bella. Bella was in love with Jacob. And now, he's destined to be with Bella's daughter?! Besides the fact that vampires and wolves are natural enemies. It's just weird.
I have to say, I've been a Jacob fan from the beginning. Always rooting for Edward--knowing he and Bella were MFEO--but always liking Jacob. I'm glad he was able to have some closure in the end. And I absolutely adore Seth.
Question: how "old" do you think Nessie will be when she's done growing up? Will she match how "old" Jake is, do you think? Cuz that'd be funny. Bella and Edward (18 and 17) with a 8ish-year-old daughter who's mature as a 25-year-old.
See, my never-ending questions! I have a thirst for more!!

Kimberly Grafton said...

Oh Sarah. Doesn't the fact that I said it constitute the absolute truth? lol

James and Monica said...

I'd like to know a lot of those things too!!!!