Friday, July 11, 2008

Ready for a common complaint?

Let me start by saying I'm so grateful that I'm a woman. I truly am. Being female and having all of the blessings that accompany this lot in life....

HOWEVER: I absolutely hate the painful knots and cramps in my lower abdomen every month. I hate having to wear...you know. I hate the headaches and body aches. I hate the fatigue and the bloating. I'm so uncomfortable and I just wanna go home and cry. Then sleep. Then cry some more. And eat chocolate. And bread. And then sleep and cry some more. Yeah, it's all cliche. And maybe it's really all in my head. But that's what I want.

So, I apologize if my mood is less than happy and I am less than social this weekend. I have only one phrase to indicate why: I feel like crap.

4 comments:

Travis and Celena said...

AMEN!!! I sitll love you no matter what! I hope that you feel better and women are awesome, minus "mother nature!"

Kimberly Grafton said...

Me too! It super sucks, but Midol is a wonderful, wonderful thing. And giving in to the desire to eat chocolate helps. Chocolate cures everything.

Caitlinp said...

Here, here. I say give in to be a little grumpy and a little indulgent. Sometimes I think we should just be excused to crawl into a cave every month and hibernate.

pandaswat.sarah said...

I'm so glad you all are on my side! Thank goodness it only lasts a few days...but even the leading up to and the day or so after aren't very much fun! I think you'll all be happy to know that I was a little grumpy and I did give in to the chocolate cravings. haha