Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Welcome, February!

I'm not sure why I like February so much, but I do. Maybe it's because there are some holidays coming up, and one for which I get a day off work. Maybe it's because it's a short month. Maybe this particular February is fun because it's Leap Year.

Whatever the reason, I wish you all a wonderful February.

This particular month started with sleeping in (yay for still having Wednesday's off--makes the week more bearable), some light cleaning (my sink was FULL of dirty dishes--and it was starting to stink), a fun afternoon chatting and project planning and shopping with Ashley and Teagan (that baby girl is super smart and pretty darn cute--she's got a tooth now which just adds to the cuteness), and then some crocheting (I finished a hat today--one I'm very eager to share but am waiting to do so until the owner has it in his possession), while doing some movie watching (The Chorus--which I hadn't seen before and absolutely loved--and Dear Frankie--one of my all-time favorites). All-in-all, it's been a lovely way to start the month.

Something cool: I ended January with a temple recommend interview with a member of my bishopric, and I'll start February with another interview with a member of (the new) stake presidency. Also, we have Stake Conference this weekend. I enjoy Stake Conference for two reasons: one, it's good to have a bit of change (and I love only being in church for two hours instead of three and getting it done early instead of late) and two, the counsel given is always good and needed, and the Spirit is always strong.

And after conference, I'm gonna be eating delicious food and hanging out with some awesome people know as the Chinn family, and I can't wait. Superbowl Sunday for me equals food and family. I don't give to shakes about the football. I just want the comforts.

See what I mean? February is gonna be good.

2 comments:

David said...

Yeah, The Chorus is good, huh? We got it on Netflix a few months ago and watched it with Mom and Dad because we thought Dad would like it.

pandaswat.sarah said...

I loved it! I hope Dad loved it. I thought of him while watching. I thought, "Dad should see this."