Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Heavenly Weekend

Guess what I did this weekend.

NOTHING.

OK, not nothing, but stuff that wasn't too productive. And it was nice. I spent Saturday and most of Sunday in bed, reading, watching movies/TV shows, crocheting, and doing what beds were made for... sleeping. I slept. And slept. And slept. I feel SOOO great today because I got the exact right amount of sleep my body needed every night this weekend. I must have needed to catch up, too, because Friday night, I slept close to twelve hours, but it tapered off from there. About ten Saturday night, nine Sunday, and eight last night. And I feel GOOD!

Monday was different from Saturday and Sunday, though, in that I didn't spend it in bed. I spent the afternoon and early evening in Park City with Marie, Jana, Kellen, Kelsie, and Dave. It was lovely! I bought some shirts at Gap and Old Navy, and even though I still had a huge amount of body lotion and body wash left from the sale last year, I bought more body lotion and body wash from Bath and Body Works. (They have a new fragrance called Country Chic and I think I'm in love.)

We ate pizza at the Hut, walked up and down Main Street, saw a lot of different art and such, and looked in a few boutiques. We went into a wonderful little book store with lots of stuff about auras and tarot and dreams and stuff. I was highly tempted to buy a book about lucid dreaming, but I figured I could look up the same kind of techniques online and get the same information on how to do it. (I wanna fly--I've never flown in my dreams!) We saw Banksy's mark on the Java Cow building. (Featured Picture) Pretty cool. And we went home.

Jana, Marie, and I went back to my apartment--stopping at Harmon's first to buy to stuff we needed to make fudge--and made fudge, hemmed Marie's dress to a short dress/blouse thingy, cut off Jana's old jeans into shorts, and watched The Red Balloon and some scenes from Paris Je T'aime, and Marie stole some of my music. It was a good day. A very good day.

Even though it was cold and snowy/rainy in Park City, and even though I spent more money than I should have, I was happy to be out and about with some of my favorite people.

5 comments:

Britney said...

I had a pretty relaxing weekend, too. But it doesn't stop me from wishing I could have spent it with you girls! Man, I miss and love you guys.

Crosby Kenyon said...

I used to fly in my dreams...not anymore. Dreams change over time, it seems. Constant dreams disappear. On the very rare occasion, I can still take whole flights of stairs one jump at a time. I hope I'll always be able to do that. It's fun.

David said...

Yeah, that weekend was awesome. I played Super Mario Bros the whole time, and for the first time in a long time I was ready to go back to work. It was awesome.

David said...

I often get stuck on top of a hot-air balloon, not in the basket, but on the powder-smooth nylon fully-inflated top. I'm at 10,000 ft. I don't know why I know this, but I do. As the balloon pitches and yawns with the air current, I slide fore and aft, port and lea. What's the point? Oh I've had analysts (plural) clinically give me the benefit of their trained opinions, but I'm not thoroughly convinced that anyone really knows. I have come to love the perspective of the view from above, and the scenery. I used to pee the bed.

David said...

Taken out of context,one may wonder, to wit: why the last comment? I enjoyed Sarah's dream day, and Crosby's comment.