Thursday, July 22, 2010

Totally Shameless Plug

I have a kind of obsession. I have to keep my hands busy, and what better way than to crochet? My ears and mind stay alert to what's going on around me (allowing me to watch movies, listen to General Conference, participate in conversation, etc), while my hands create something new, useful, and (hopefully) beautiful!

I decided I would try to sell some of the stuff I've crocheted. I totally and completely fear rejection, so if this doesn't work and nobody buys, I may never try again! (Guilt-trip? Maybe. I'll let you decide.)

So, go to www.etsy.com and check out my stuff. Send the link to your friends and family! Tell everyone you know! It would be very helpful to me. And any feedback is very very welcome. I'd love to hear what people think of the stuff I've done, good or bad. It'll help me know what direction I should move in, how I could improve.

Here are some pictures of what I've posted on Etsy. Any help is very much appreciated!






2 comments:

Natalie Percival said...

You have got real talent. I love the variety and colors you have! I have a suggestion: Take the pictures in enough light that you don't need flash. If you can get natural light, all the better. It looks like your flash is flattening your work, if that makes sense. I personally would also enjoy seeing close ups of the stitches, if your camera can do it. That's my two cents! May you sell bazillions and bazillions!

Britney said...

Can you please get my name for Christmas again this year? :)
They look beautiful! Sorry it's taken me so long to comment on your new etsy shop! I love my blanket. It is so cute! You can't sell it, but you can use pics to show it off, haha. You should make one like the one you made Marie. I really liked that one, too!